Achieve TMS is proud to offer depression treatment for military families. Our deep transcranial magnetic stimulation (dTMS) therapy program helps spouses and adult children of active duty military personnel and veterans address their depression symptoms. Now in network with Triwest.
Depression can affect individuals of all ages, at any time. Common emotional and behavioral problems associated with depression in military families include:
- Changes in eating and/or sleeping habits
- Feelings of sadness or despair
- Social isolation
Research indicates that depression is more common in military families than the general population. Consider the following statistics from a study of 367,706 people married to military reservists conducted by the U.S. Department of Defense:
- 92 percent of study respondents reported increased stress levels during their spouse’s deployment
- 88 percent said they experienced loneliness
- 85 percent said they felt anxious or depressed
It may seem virtually impossible to treat depression, but help is available. With the right approach to depression treatment, spouses and children of active duty military personnel and veterans can overcome their depression symptoms.
Individuals who experience depression symptoms should consult with a doctor. By doing so, they can get expert insights into depression and create an individualized treatment plan to mitigate their depression symptoms.
In addition to meeting with a doctor, there are many things that military families can do to cope with depression, including:
- Enroll in psychotherapy. Psychotherapy, also referred to as “talk therapy,” involves working with a mental health counselor to discuss thoughts and feelings associated with depression symptoms.
- Join a support group. Support groups are available that enable people struggling with depression to work together to alleviate their depression symptoms.
- Use antidepressant medications. Doctors sometimes prescribe antidepressant medications to help reduce depression symptoms. Antidepressants often require trial and error, and a patient may need to try various medications over the course of several weeks or months before finding one that delivers the desired results.
- Participate in dTMS therapy. dTMS therapy is an FDA-approved, noninvasive depression treatment that uses magnetic pulses to stimulate neural activity in regions of the brain associated with depression. This reawakening of neural activity in the brain’s mood centers results in long-term depression symptom relief, which can be enjoyed with or without depression medications.
At Achieve TMS, we offer a dTMS therapy program to treat depression. Our safe and effective dTMS therapy program enables patients to manage their depression symptoms both now and in the future.
There are many reasons why people choose dTMS therapy to treat depression, including:
- Non-Invasive: dTMS therapy does not require anesthesia, electrical shocks, or medications.
- In-House Treatment: A typical dTMS therapy program involves 20-minute sessions completed five days per week over the course of six weeks at one of our offices.
- No Downtime: dTMS therapy patients can drive and return to school, work, or other everyday activities immediately following a treatment session.
- No Side Effects: dTMS therapy patients do not experience dry mouth, nausea, sexual dysfunction, or other side effects associated with traditional depression treatments.
Achieve TMS would be happy to meet with you, discuss dTMS therapy, and offer insights into the benefits of treatment for military spouses or adult children. To schedule a free dTMS therapy consultation with Achieve TMS, please call or text us today at 877-247-0101.