Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation in Spenard
TMS Center of Alaska by Achieve TMS is a leading provider of transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) therapy in Spenard. Spenard is an Anchorage neighborhood unlike any other. Yet finding safe and effective depression treatments in Spenard is sometimes difficult – despite the fact that depression is a major problem across Alaska. Our Spenard TMS treatment services help patients treat depression.
Depression Therapy in Spenard
The Alaska Statewide Suicide Prevention Council reports Alaska has the highest rate of suicide per capita in the United States. Meanwhile, more than 90% of suicide victims have depression or another diagnosable, treatable mental or substance abuse disorder, according to the American Association of Suicidology. However, thanks to TMS therapy, Spenard residents can get the help they need to overcome their depression symptoms.
A Closer Look at TMS Treatment in Spenard
TMS therapy is a long-term treatment for depression. It usually involves going into a treatment center for a 20 to 30-minute treatment session five days a week for six weeks.
Each TMS therapy session uses magnetic pulses to stimulate neurons in the brain commonly associated with depression symptoms. In doing so, TMS therapy helps alleviate depression.
TMS therapy provides a variety of benefits, including:
- Non-Invasive: TMS therapy does not require surgery, anesthesia or electric shocks.
- Minimal Discomfort: TMS therapy has fewer side effects than most traditional depression treatments.
- Fast Treatment: A typical TMS therapy session requires only about 20 to 30 minutes to complete, and most patients can return to their everyday activities after treatment.
- No Drugs Necessary: TMS therapy does not involve the use of medications that sometimes cause intolerable side effects.
To date, TMS therapy has helped many people treat their depression symptoms. TMS therapy is CE-approved in Europe to treat major depressive disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) and other mental health conditions. It was also approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2008 to help individuals dealing with treatment-resistant depression.
Is TMS Treatment in Spenard Right for You?
For Spenard residents who are struggling with depression, TMS therapy may prove to be a viable treatment. Fortunately, TMS Center of Alaska by Achieve TMS can help you find out if you qualify for TMS treatment in Spenard.
Achieve TMS is a leading provider of TMS therapy in the United States. We work closely with each patient to understand his or her depression symptoms and determine if TMS therapy can address these symptoms. To book a free Spenard TMS treatment consultation with TMS Center of Alaska by Achieve TMS, please call or text us today at 877-285-0822.
Spenard: What You Need to Know
Spenard is a neighborhood named after Joseph Spenard, one of Anchorage’s original settlers. It is home to some of Alaska’s top-rated public schools. Plus, it offers convenient access to various Anchorage attractions and landmarks, including:
- Chilkoot Charlie’s: Chilkoot Charlie’s, aka Koot’s, is perhaps the most historic bar in Alaska. It was founded in 1970 and is frequently considered a must-visit for Alaska residents and visitors alike.
- Lake Hood Harbor: Lake Hood Harbor may be the largest floatplane harbor in the world. Here, you can watch floatplanes take off and land any time you choose – something you won’t be able to enjoy in most cities, towns and neighborhoods across the United States.
- Lake Ektuna: Lake Ektuna brings Alaska’s natural beauty to life. It offers a beautiful, family-friendly destination for kayaking, picnicking and other outdoor activities.
Spenard and Anchorage are home to many young professionals, too. Research indicates the average age of Spenard residents is nearly 36 years old; comparatively, the average age of Anchorage residents is approximately 32 years old.