In the age of Google most of us will do a little investigative research before we purchase a product or contract a service.
In a matter of seconds we have access to a bevvy of reviews and testimonials that either praise or bash the item or service we are inquiring about. Let’s face it, a positive or negative review can sway our willingness to try something new, right?
When it comes to our emotional health and wellness we may be that much more thorough in our research, especially if we are battling a stubborn condition such as major depressive disorder (MDD) and are seeking help. For many who suffer from depression, the standard treatment protocol of antidepressants just doesn’t provide any tangible relief from the debilitating symptoms of this serious mental health condition.
What is Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation?
Alas! There is hope. Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation uses magnetic fields delivered through a coil that penetrates the scalp, targeting the limbic (mood) region of the brain. The currents act to stimulate underactive brain neurons, common in depression, and rebalance brain chemistry. The non-invasive therapy is very well tolerated with few, if any, adverse effects. Patients are completely alert during the 20-minute sessions and can return to regular activities immediately following treatment.
Transcranial magnetic stimulation is a fairly new alternative treatment method for MDD, having been FDA approved in 2008. When researching this state-of-the-art depression treatment one quickly discovers an abundance of highly favorable transcranial magnetic stimulation reviews. Clicking around from one site to another, reading review after review, it becomes clear that TMS is indeed helping individuals who struggle with depression.
Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation Reviews Tout Efficacy
Just when one is ready to throw in the towel, thinking absolutely nothing on the planet will relieve their horrible symptoms of depression, along comes TMS. The emotional and personal stories relayed in the transcranial magnetic stimulation reviews demonstrate how grateful most patients with MDD are to have found this promising treatment.
Here are some examples of TMS reviews from around the web (names abbreviated):
- I was very anxious and scared about everything; I was constantly dissociating. I was unable to get much of anything accomplished. Facing each day was getting more and more difficult. After completing TMS, I feel much more hopeful and positive. It was a big reprise from the dissociation! I am now able to complete more tasks and my anxiety has decreased dramatically. I got my life back. –Patient J
- I am a 63 year old woman who has suffered with depression since I was 12 years old until recently when I underwent a course of TMS treatments and came out the other side as a “new me.” The healing that came with the treatments has “changed my life.” Since TMS, my life has become an amazing journey of re-discovering myself. My black-cloud has gone away. I shared about TMS with my sister who had a similar story as mine and TMS worked for her as well. I recommend it for anyone who wants to stop suffering. – Patient P
- I was very depressed – I had thoughts of not wanting to be here. I was unable to even figure out how to get dressed in the morning; I wore the same clothes over and over again. I was constantly afraid of running into friends or people I knew. I slept half the day and was terrified of being alone. I completed 30 TMS sessions and I now feel more balanced, happy, and productive. I am back to being my gregarious self! My mind and memory are sharper. I’m up by 7:00 am every day and back to leading a happy, productive life! – Patient V
- We send our profound and heartfelt thanks for the part each of you played in [his] amazing recovery. His debilitating depression is gone! He still has cycles of depression, but they are short in duration and nothing like the deep dark hole he once knew all too well. TMS has made such an enormous positive change in our lives – and we will always be grateful to you. – Patient A
- Before TMS treatment, I felt worthless, hopeless, and had trouble concentrating on even the smallest task. After completing 30 TMS treatments, I really feel stable and steady. I am enjoying the things I used to and my family is glad to have me as a functioning member again. – Patient B
- I’ve pretty much had depression since I was a child. My first depressive episode was when I was 35 – I was hospitalized for 30 days. That was when I first began taking antidepressants and it’s been over 20 years that I’ve been on them. And then I just hit a wall – my doctor and I were discussing new options and changing them again. TMS Therapy came along at the perfect time because I started to feel like my options were running out. After about a week and a half I really started to feel different. I felt like I was alive – like the veil had been taken off of my eyes. I want to see people, and don’t want to be by myself like I used to. – Patient D
Achieve TMS Largest U.S. Provider of TMS for Major Depression
Achieve TMS is the preeminent treatment provider of TMS therapy, with multiple locations across the western United States. The depression specialists at Achieve TMS are top-notch in their field, dedicated to helping people find relief from the effects of medication-resistant depression. For more information contact us today at (877) 447-6503.