La Jolla is known as San Diego’s ‘jewel by the sea.’ The upscale village features trendy boutique shopping, seven miles of coastline, hiking trails, picnic areas, and the renowned Torrey Pines Gliderport where you can hang glide over the cliffs, swoop down to the waves, and feel like you’re really flying.
If you’re depressed, soaring over the La Jolla shores and hiking the coastline isn’t as fun as it sounds.
That’s why we opened Achieve TMS depression treatment centre in La Jolla. We offer transcranial magnetic stimulation. It’s the most effective depression treatment available; a revolutionary and FDA-approved treatment for depression. There are no drugs involved, it is non-invasive, and it helps those who haven’t found relief with other treatment options.
TMS therapy in La Jolla is easy. You’ll come to our office, spend 20 minutes for treatment and then drive home or back to work. There’s no electrical shock or anesthesia. Just quick bursts of magnetic pulses penetrating 3 cm into the brain. There also aren’t any of the troublesome side effects that come from using medication.
Our therapists, psychiatrists, and doctors will work with you on your TMS therapy in La Jolla, monitor your progress, and keep referring doctors apprised and updated.
The La Jolla Achieve TMS depression treatment center is conveniently located nearby the surrounding areas of Del Mar, La Jolla, Solana Beach, Carmel Valley, Pacific Beach, Mira Mesa, Mission Beach and Rancho Santa Fe
The La Jolla Achieve TMS treatment center is a national leader in depression treatment, and is a Center of Excellence in California. This is the it is only TMS treatment center that currently offers two of the most state-of-the-art depression treatment technologies in concert with traditional treatment methods, giving patients unprecedented access to cutting edge technology and improved symptom relief.
BrainsWay’s Deep TMS
BrainsWay’s Deep TMS treatment is an innovative and effective treatment option for depression. BrainsWay’s depression treatment uses Deep Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (dTMS) to safely and effectively target areas of the brain associated with MDD during 20 min treatment sessions. During each session you are comfortably seated on a chair and a cushioned helmet is placed over your head. The helmet uses magnetic fields to stimulate the targeted area.
Unlike other depression treatments available, Deep TMS is effective, even in treatment resistant depression. The safety and efficacy of depression therapy with BrainsWay’s device have been demonstrated extensively in clinical trials.
With short 20 minutes sessions, and no systemic side effects, you can fit Deep TMS into your schedule and live life to the fullest again.
Nexstim SmartFocus® nTMS
Brains are like people; we are all individuals – and different. That is why Nexstim’s SmartFocus® navigated TMS technology ensures that each treatment session is based off individualized dosing and targeting—personalized to your own brain. With SmartFocus® the nTMS therapy accurately targets the proper spot on your left dorsolateral prefontal cortex (DLPFC) that research suggests is metabolically less active in patients with depression. With SmartFocus® TMS we also personalize the stimulation level of the TMS therapy for you to prevent unnecessary overstimulation.
SmartFocus® nTMS treatment offers you:
- A measured and individualized dose of TMS
- An unrivalled level of accuracy, as demanded by brain surgeons: the accuracy has been validated in neurosurgery
- Treatment sessions personalized for you and your brain
- Assurance you receive your prescribed dose every time
- Safety and comfort
How Nexstim SmartFocus® nTMS works?
Personalizing the TMS therapy for you
In the first therapy session:
- SmartFocus® therapy preparation starts with your MRI scan. The sophisticated SmartFocus® software can use your own MRI to model the complexity of your individual brain in a 3D form on a screen so that you and your healthcare provider can see it.
- After developing the 3D model of your brain, the operator can measure the optimised TMS dose for you. This is done by placing electromyography (EMG) electrodes on your hand. The electrodes detect the electric potential that the short TMS pulses directed to the brain region will generate in your hand muscles. Hence, the SmartFocus® TM software can rapidly determinate the correct stimulation level for your upcoming TMS treatment.
- Because the operator has uploaded your MRI scan to the sophisticated software, the exact target area in your brain can also be determined.
Same dose, same location – every time
- Once the stimulation intensity and target location have been optimized to your unique brain, the TMS treatment can begin. At the end of the first session, the system automatically stores all of your individualized settings.
- In every treatment session thereafter, you’ll always receive the same optimized dose at the same location without the preparations mentioned in steps 1-3.
After the one-time setup process, treatment delivery during your sessions will range between 3 and 37 minutes depending on the treatment program prescribed by your doctor. A typical treatment course is 5 sessions per week for 6 weeks, or as your doctor prescribes. After a therapy session you can leave the clinic and continue your daily
Achieve TMS is the most trusted provider of TMS therapy in La Jolla and the rest of America for the treatment for depression. Stop the despair. Take the next step. Regain joy.
Our La Jolla location is also equipped to provide treatment for OCD via non-invasive TMS therapy. Call us to learn more about how we can help!
Give us a call or text at (619) 344-0237 for a free consultation or email us at [email protected] to learn more.
So far, within California, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation has been approved for use with treatment resistant depression by several insurance providers. Insurances that we’re in network with include Cigna, Anthem Blue Cross, Magellan, Tricare, Blue Shield of CA, Blue Shield Federal Employee, Optum, Aetna, MHN, Healthnet, Beacon, Prime Health Services, Provider Select, and Medicare. We are also in network with First Health National Network, specific to Claremont and San Diego. Please call us for a full list of providers. We would be happy to help check with your insurance regarding pre-approval.
*Unfortunately, Medi-cal currently does not cover TMS treatment. Please contact your Medi-cal provider to inquire further.