La Jolla is known as San Diego’s ‘jewel by the sea.’ The upscale village features trendy boutique shopping, seven miles of coastline, hiking trails, picnic areas, and the renowned Torrey Pines Gliderport where you can hang glide over the cliffs, swoop down to the waves, and feel like you’re really flying.
If you’re depressed, soaring over the La Jolla shores and hiking the coastline isn’t as fun as it sounds.
That’s why we opened Achieve TMS depression treatment centre in La Jolla. We offer transcranial magnetic stimulation. It’s the most effective depression treatment available; a revolutionary and FDA-approved treatment for depression. There are no drugs involved, it is non-invasive, and it helps those who haven’t found relief with other treatment options.
TMS therapy in La Jolla is easy. You’ll come to our office, spend 20 minutes for treatment and then drive home or back to work. There’s no electrical shock or anesthesia. Just quick bursts of magnetic pulses penetrating 3 cm into the brain. There also aren’t any of the troublesome side effects that come from using medication.
Our therapists, psychiatrists, and doctors will work with you on your TMS therapy in La Jolla, monitor your progress, and keep referring doctors apprised and updated.
The La Jolla Achieve TMS depression treatment center is conveniently located nearby the surrounding areas of Del Mar, La Jolla, Solana Beach, Carmel Valley, Pacific Beach, Mira Mesa, Mission Beach and Rancho Santa Fe
TMS Center of Excellence in La Jolla Offering SmartFocus and Deep TMS Treatment
The La Jolla Achieve TMS treatment center is a national leader in depression treatment, and is a Center of Excellence in California. This is the it is only TMS treatment center that currently offers two of the most state-of-the-art depression treatment technologies in concert with traditional treatment methods, giving patients unprecedented access to cutting edge technology and improved symptom relief.
The La Jolla center of Achieve TMS provides patients with the following treatment options:
- Deep Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (dTMS)
- SmartFocus Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)
Deep Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation, known as dTMS, is a safe, noninvasive treatment for depression that has been FDA-cleared for over a decade. dTMS works by using an MRI-strength magnetic coil to stimulate neurons in the left dorsolateral prefrontal cortex, an area of the brain responsible for mood regulation. As these neurons become more active, depressive symptoms fade, and long term relief ensues.
Why Choose dTMS?
Many patients choose to undergo TMS treatment because it has been clinically proven to be more effective in reducing depressive symptoms than medication or therapy alone, with 70% of dTMS patients experiencing a significant reduction in depressive symptoms, and 49% of those patients achieving complete remission from depression.
Deep TMS is Well Suited For…
- struggle with managing depression symptoms
- have not seen adequate symptom relief from taking antidepressant medications and/or
- suffer intolerable side effects from antidepressant medications
About SmartFocus TMS
SmartFocus TMS is the latest TMS technology, powered by neuro-navigation. Using a patient’s 3D MRI imaging, SmartFocus TMS allows the physician to identify and treat small, targeted neural areas unique to each patient’s symptoms with precision yet to be seen up to this point in medical history.
Why Choose SmartFocus TMS?
- Personalized Neural Stimulation: SmartFocusTMS involves mapping a patient’s brain using a 3D model, allowing for unprecedented customization of treatment location and intensity. This precision enables maximum symptom relief in the most difficult cases of depression.
- E-Field Navigated TMS: SmartFocus TMS produces a stimulating electric field (E-field) that passes through the cortex. The location of this E-field depends on conductivity and geometry of the underlying brain tissues and is distinct based on the conductivity of a patient’s brain.
- Visualized TMS Treatment: SmartFocus TMS treatment results are visualized onto a screen, so the patient and physician can view the target area in real time.
SmartFocus TMS is Well Suited For…
- have been diagnosed with refractory or treatment-resistant depression
- have a complex or multi-disorder diagnosis that has been difficult to treat and/or
- have suffered a traumatic brain injury (TBI)
Achieve TMS is the most trusted provider of TMS therapy in La Jolla and the rest of America for the treatment for depression. Stop the despair. Take the next step. Regain joy.
Our La Jolla location is also equipped to provide treatment for OCD via non-invasive TMS therapy. Call us to learn more about how we can help!
Give us a call or text at (619) 344-0237 for a free consultation or email us at [email protected] to learn more.
So far, within California, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation has been approved for use with treatment resistant depression by several insurance providers. Insurances that we’re in network with include Cigna, Anthem Blue Cross, Magellan, Tricare, Blue Shield of CA, Blue Shield Federal Employee, Optum, Aetna, MHN, Healthnet, Beacon, Prime Health Services, Provider Select, and Medicare. We are also in network with First Health National Network, specific to Claremont and San Diego. Please call us for a full list of providers. We would be happy to help check with your insurance regarding pre-approval.
*Unfortunately, Medi-cal currently does not cover TMS treatment. Please contact your Medi-cal provider to inquire further.