Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation in Girdwood
TMS Center of Alaska by Achieve TMS provides transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) therapy in Anchorage, which is accessible to Girdwood residents. In fact, our Anchorage office is only about a 35-minute drive from Girdwood.
What Depression Therapy Options Are Available in Girdwood?
Girdwood is a unique Alaska town, but the town’s population is significantly smaller than that of Anchorage. As such, Girdwood residents sometimes have to travel outside of town to find products and services they need – including depression therapy.
When it comes to depression therapy in Girdwood, options may be limited. Meanwhile, Girdwood residents who fail to find a safe and effective depression treatment are unlikely to achieve long-lasting depression symptom relief.
For example, doctors may prescribe medications to treat depression symptoms. Medications may provide short-term depression symptom relief, but some people may experience intolerable side effects, like nausea and vomiting, and in some cases, medications may not be effective in treating depression.
If you or someone you know is dealing with depression, driving from Girdwood to TMS treatment may be a viable option. Thanks to TMS therapy, people can treat their depression symptoms over the course of a few weeks.
TMS Treatment near Girdwood
A Girdwood TMS treatment program generally involves driving to our Anchorage treatment center for a 20 to 30-minute treatment session, five days a week for six weeks. During each TMS therapy session, magnetic pulses are sent to a patient’s brain. These pulses stimulate regions of the brain that are commonly underactive in patients with depression, resulting in reduction or complete remission from sadness, irritability and other depression symptoms.
To date, thousands of TMS treatments have been used to help patients dealing with depression. TMS therapy also offers several benefits, including:
- Simple Procedure: A TMS treatment is performed in a doctor’s office and only requires about 20 to 30 minutes to complete.
- Noninvasive Treatment: Treatment is safe and noninvasive, and patients can return to work, school, or their daily lives immediately following a TMS therapy session.
- No Medications Necessary: TMS therapy does not require any medications in order to be effective.
For those who are searching for depression treatment in Girdwood, TMS Center of Alaska in Anchorage can help. We are happy to discuss TMS therapy, how it works, its benefits, and insurance coverage options. That way we help patients make informed TMS therapy decisions.
Choose TMS Center of Alaska for Depression Therapy in Girdwood
Don’t wait to treat depression symptoms. Instead, meet with TMS Center of Alaska, and you can find out if TMS therapy is right for you. To learn more about our Girdwood TMS therapy options, please call or text us today at 877-871-6379 to book a free consultation.
Girdwood: What You Need to Know
For those who want to celebrate Alaska’s natural beauty, a trip to Girdwood is often a great choice. Girdwood is a small Alaska mountain town nestled in the Chugach Mountains. Also, Girdwood is roughly 36 miles south of Anchorage and offers a wide range of attractions and landmarks, including:
- Crow Pass Trail: Home to stunning waterfalls and eye-catching flora, the Crow Pass Trail provides a scenic hiking route that men, women and children are sure to appreciate.
- Bird Point Park: This multi-use trail and observation point makes it easy to enjoy awe-inspiring ocean and mountain views.
- Alyeska Resort: This ski destination and resort offers 76 named trails and 1,610 skiable acres for skiers and snowboarders of all ages and skill levels.
Additionally, the average age of Girdwood residents is approximately 33 years old – equal to the average age of Anchorage residents. On the other hand, the population density of Girdwood is roughly 99% lower than that of Anchorage.