TMS Treatment for Depression and OCD
TMS Centers of Alaska by Achieve TMS offers transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) therapy to Eagle River residents – in fact, our Anchorage office is only 20 minutes from Eagle River. This ensures that Eagle River residents won’t have to travel a long distance to undergo TMS therapy sessions to address their depression symptoms.
What Depression Therapy Options Are Available in Eagle River?
Finding depression therapy in Eagle River is sometimes challenging. Without the right approach to depression treatment, a person’s depression symptoms may worsen over time. Meanwhile, if a person cannot address his or her depression symptoms, this individual may experience prolonged periods of sadness, anxiety and hopelessness.
When it comes to depression treatments in Eagle River, TMS therapy may prove to be a viable alternative to traditional treatment options. TMS Center of Alaksa in Anchorage provides an Eagle River TMS treatment program designed to help patients address their depression symptoms both now and in the future.
A Closer Look at Eagle River TMS Treatment
There is no surefire treatment for depression, but TMS therapy has been shown to help alleviate depression symptoms. Whereas traditional depression treatments often provide a quick-fix to address depression symptoms, TMS therapy is designed to stimulate the areas of the brain that are underactive in patients with depression, and are responsible for depressive symptoms. In doing so, TMS therapy helps patients achieve long-lasting depression symptom relief.
Additionally, there are many reasons why Eagle River residents choose TMS therapy over other depression treatments, and these reasons include:
- Non-Invasive: There is no need for anesthesia or electric shocks with TMS therapy. Conversely, TMS therapy often provides a comfortable alternative to conventional depression treatments.
- No Side Effects: TMS therapy has not been linked to nausea, vomiting and other side effects commonly associated with depression medications.
- Fast Treatment Sessions: A typical TMS therapy session takes only about 20 to 30 minutes to complete, and a patient can usually return to his or her everyday activities after each session.
An Eagle River TMS treatment program may require one session per day, five days a week, for six weeks. With support from the TMS Center of Alaska team, an individual can get the help he or she needs to achieve the best-possible results from an Eagle River TMS treatment program.
Eagle River: Here’s What You Need to Know
Eagle River is an Anchorage community nestled between the Elmendorf-Richardson Air Force Base and Chugach State Park. It has a population of more than 14,000 residents and is home to a variety of attractions and landmarks, including:
- Rendezvous Peak Trail: This 3.5-mile trail often enables hikers to see as far as Pioneer Peak and Mount Marcus Baker in the Chugach Mountains.
- South Fork Eagle River Falls: For those who are on the lookout for an awe-inspiring waterfall, South Fork Eagle River Falls is a must-visit.
- Jitters: A small town coffee shop that makes every visitor feel at home, Jitters offers exceptional coffee, tea and baked goods, along with a comfortable hangout spot for guests of all ages.
Eagle River is also a young community. The average age of Eagle River residents is approximately 34 years old, and most residents have families with kids under the age of 18. To learn more about tms treatment for depession, anxiety, and ocd contact us.
Schedule an Eagle River TMS Treatment Consultation Today
TMS Center of Alaska by Achieve TMS is happy to evaluate an individual and determine if he or she is a good candidate for TMS therapy in Eagle River. To book a free consultation with Achieve TMS, please call or text us today at 877-909-8595.